When I am getting ready to head to the airport for a TV tour, very few things make me happier than receiving an email from American Airlines announcing "your upgrade has been confirmed." Sure, the upgrade might be for a 45-minute flight, but each and every upgrade feels like a small win when you take more than 150 flights each year.
Everyday events can be upgraded too, such as Labor Day cookouts or fall tailgate parties. To make those gatherings a bit more festive, I did a segment today on the "Daytime" show recommending wines to go with different types of burgers. I did this segment on behalf of Kobrand Fine Wine & Spirits and Omaha Steaks, both of which sponsored the segment and this post.
Omaha Steaks actually has more than a dozen different types of burgers - there are even options for vegetarians - along with a new line of gourmet burger toppers (can anyone say Smoky Bacon Jam?). Kobrand has food-friendly wines to suit any taste or budget, from a fruity Louis Jadot Rose (with a twist top!) to my favorite Champagne, Taittinger Brut La Francaise.
Below are the pairings I shared on this segment. You can check out the full segment below.
- Veggie Burger with Dijon Mustard Aioli paired with Louis Jadot Rose.
- Alaskan Pollock Burger with Crispy Onions and Jalapenos paired with St. Francis Merlot.
- Filet Mignon Sliders with Smoky Bacon Jam paired with Taittinger Brut La Francaise.
- Delmonico Burger with Sweet Bourbon Onions paired with Masi Campofiorin Rosso.
- Classic Burgers with Tomato Jam paired with Cakebread Cellars Pinot Noir.