For many years after graduating from college, I moved into progressively smaller spaces.
My first apartment was a 1,200 two-bedroom shared with a roommate. I then moved on to a series of 900-square-foot one-bedroom apartments, and then into a 600-square-foot studio.
Then, I moved to New York City - the land of 200-square-foot studio apartments.
We now occupy 700+ square feet - which feels like a veritable mansion to me. But those small space decorating skills honed in college certainly paid off long after I finished my degree. I still keep in practice every year working with Bed Bath & Beyond, which sponsors a series of television segments - and this post - featuring ideas for decorating dorm rooms that are both stylish and functional.
Here are a few of the ideas I am sharing for them on TV segments this month:
- SleepSafe Premium Mattress Protector
- Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- Sheet Set with a Fitted Sheet Cell-Phone Pocket
- 3-Drawer Adjustable-Top Storage Cart
- Etagere Floor Lamp with Charging Station
- Desk Lamps with Charging Stations
- Quilted Oversized Lounger