Sometimes, weather totally interferes with plans for TV segments - especially when we plan to do the segment outside.
That was most definitely not the case this week. I was already booked to do a segment on "keeping your cool in the summer heat," and this week's historic heat wave in the southwest - including Southern California - cooperated quite nicely. Perfect timing for my segment at CBS Los Angeles!
You can check out the segment by clicking the photo below:
Here are a few of the items I showed for several companies on this segment:
- Stylish dresses, sunhats and strappy sandals from Coldwater Creek. For extra protection from the sun, look for hats that offer at least SPF50 protection.
- Colorful rash guards for children of all ages from Lands' End - also with SPF50 protection.
- Ice cream is refreshing, but it melts into ice cream soup in about five minutes. A great alternative is yummy frozen pudding; when it starts to melt - it just turns into pudding! The perfect treat for a summer picnic, find it in great flavors such as Nana Banana, Campfire Chocolate and Coconut Creme Pie from little spoon frozen pudding.
- Stylish water bottles from S'well. They keep cold drinks cold for up to 24 hours - including the white wine you may want to tote along for your picnic.
- A sunscreen for every activity and skin type from Neutrogena.
- Stylish sunglasses with 100% UV protection and polarized lenses from Warby Parker. Their Upper East Side store is just a few blocks from our apartment, and we walk by every Sunday on our way to and from church. Not surprisingly, I have accumulated an entire wardrobe of their stylish and affordable sunglasses.