It’s June, which means it is wedding month! Not only is your mailbox probably filled with invitations, this is a popular time for newly-engaged couples to set up a gift registry for weddings scheduled later in the year.
Here are a few tips I shared on behalf of my client Bed Bath & Beyond for creating a registry that suits your needs as well as those of your wedding guests.
- When selecting dishes, think about everyday items as well as how you will entertain on formal occasions. You might even choose casual and formal china that complement each other, which doubles the size of your dish wardrobe for any occasion.
- Register for three sets of sheets so there is always a clean set in the linen closet. Don’t forget about guest rooms, sofa beds, futons, etc. when choosing bedding.
- Select gifts at a variety of price points, from small kitchen utensils to more expensive items like a vacuum cleaner or a high-end collection of cookware. Family and friends often join together to “group-fund” big-ticket items, so don’t be afraid to include them on the registry.
- Visit a Bed Bath & Beyond store to take advantage of resources such as registry books and expert consultants. You can also use their new mobile app to manage your registry on the fly.
- Don’t get stressed out when working on the registry. When my husband and I got married, planning the registry provided a wonderful opportunity to talk about how we would live and entertain. Relax, and enjoy the process of planning your lives together!