Thinking of regifting something you received during the holidays? I chatted with WNBC's Contessa Brewer on "Weekend Today in New York" about a few tips to keep in mind.
- While attitudes about regifting have changed, the etiquette of how to receive a gift remains the same. Accept every gift graciously, and promptly thank the person who gave it to you.
- Only give the item if it is something you would buy new for that person.
- Give new, unused items. Keep gifts in their original packaging so they do not look used.
- Remove any cards, and make sure the item has not been monogrammed or personalized.
- Make a beautiful presentation. Wrap the item in a new box with fresh seasonal gift wrap, or in an elegant gift bag wrapped in colorful tissue.